Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Beautiful Ordinary



I walk pass the old abandoned hospital in Luang Phabang pretty much everyday and in the same way, my mind passes by it everyday without giving it any thought at all. And in the slowness of my brains it suddenly occured to me that it might make a good photo essay... and what's better is if I involve the photographers at the listening library and challenge them to take pictures in it.

You see, the @ My Library in Luang Phabang, Laos, breeds some really good photographers. Coming back after 2 years, I can see that their work have improved dramatically. However, being in Luang Phabang, a land of such abundant beauty, one is not hard pressed to find suitable subjects for photography. Hence, this aims to challenge the kids to lend beauty to something as ordinary (to a certain extent, ugly) as the hospital.

The winnner gets 25 US dollars, followed by 15, and 10 for the runner up and 2nd runner up. Not much money you may think, but it goes a long way in a place like Luang Phabang

No comments: